Manager of Yemen Oil Company resigns
The media officer at the company, Mansour Al-Naqash, said that Al-Arhabi is not responsible for the attack against one of the company’s employees by armed men on Tuesday. The employee had planned with his colleagues to organize a sit-in demanding their rights and an end to corruption at the company.
Al-Naqash considered what has been published on some websites about the attack as completely false, adding that there was no reason for Al-Arhabi to engage in such illegal acts.
He added that the administration of the company had formed a committee to tackle the situation of employees at the oil company and had begun an investigation into the attack.
Abdul-Jabbar Zafoor, an employee at the Yemen Oil Company, had earlier said that armed men loyal to Al-Arhabi had prevented him and his colleagues from going to the cabinet to hold a sit-in.